Megatrends are linked. For example, rise of developing countries combined with urbanization contribute both to coming resource scarcity. I recently finally completed reading an excellent book about this (Winner Take All by Dambisa Moyo).
On top of the ones I already mentioned here are a few more that I see important (check more via each link):
- Rise of the individual: KPMG: "Advances in global education, health and technology have helped empower individuals like never before, leading to increased demands for transparency and participation in government and public decision- making."
- Risk for serious instabilities as identified by Business Insider:
- The Crisis-Prone Global Economy
- The Governance Gap
- Potential For Increased Conflict
- Wider Spread Of Regional Instability