Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Defensive picks

I have sold my ETFs that were following broad European indexes (DAX and DJ STOXX 600). I redirected money from these broad indexes to ETFs investing in "defensive" sectors: Utilities, Healthcare and Telecommunications. Companies in these sectors should generate a healthy profit even if there will be double dip or a new recession. At any rate, I believe these sectors will do better in future than the markets as whole.

The next step is to find good individual companies in these sectors and concentrate money on those. Currently I hold only Fortum and Teliasonera directly. All other investments to these sectors go via ETFs. The main reason is that I haven't had the time to screen European companies from these sectors yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment