Saturday, February 12, 2011

First Year of Blogging

Exactly one year ago I published my first article titled "Gold Fever!" in this blog. It took me a while to decide whether I use english or finnish, but I selected english because I believed that what I say interests probably more outside Finland than inside. Looking back using Google Analytics as tool - I was right. So far there has been 5,867 page views from 2,881 unique visitors from 95 countries. Thanks for interest! This is certainly much more than I ever expected to have after first year!!

Top 5 traffic sources (countries)

1. Finland
2. United States
3. Canada
4. United Kingdom
5. Australia


Top 5 traffic sources (sites/referral)
1. Direct
2. Google
3. AP Areena / Arvopaperi.fi
4. Seeking Alpha
5. My finnish blog


Top 10 articles (pageviews)

1. Nautilus Minerals
2. Fred Olsen Energy
3. An Indepth Look on Sanofi-Aventis*
4. The Myth Of Moore's Law
5. Soros and Gold
6. Is Western Digital a Bargain*
7. The End of The Golden Age*
8. Financial Crisis 2.0
9. Critical Materials for Clean Energy Technology
10. BYD - Build Your Dreams*

The articles marked with asterix (*) have been also published as articles in Seeking Alpha. Seeking Alpha focuses on U.S. stock market so the qualifying articles have to touch subjects that interests their readers. I typically submit such articles atleast to my "instablog" at Seeking Alpha.

The pageviews for my articles at Seeking Alpha have ranged from 3,640 to 54,389 per article (typically some thousands rather than >10,000). Encouraging numbers - so I will keep on writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment